If you are a fan of thai dishes or curry dishes then you are going to love this Trader Joe’s curry recipe. All of the ingredients in this recipe can be found at Trader Joe’s to keep is efficient, which we love.
I want to work on creating my own curry sauce to share with you but until then this definitely gets the job done and satisfies your thai cravings. Cooking at home is always the healthier option than going out to eat because you are in control of what you add and how much.
For instance, restaurants use TONS of butter and oils in their dishes. Honestly, who knows what else they add, which is why I like to stick to my own cooking. But don’t get me wrong, I totally love trying out new restaurants!
Comment if you know any good places in South Florida that I should try.
Sometimes you just do not want to take the time to make everything from scratch and just want something quick and easy. Well, this has been my go to when I am trying to have something quick but keep it healthy.
The thai sauce soaks in and makes everything delicious! As a result, adding vegetables in this dish is so much easier because they have a really good taste to them. You could honestly just use vegetables and skip out on the shrimp or chicken.
<iframe style=”width:120px;height:240px;” marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ src=”//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=al3xisdlee0f-20&marketplace=amazon®ion=US&placement=B003H10M5M&asins=B003H10M5M&linkId=8038b38dce9ee2eed16b619b0d3727aa&show_border=false&link_opens_in_new_window=false&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_color=ffffff”>
Trader Joe's Curry Recipe
- 1 tbsp avocado oil any oil works
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 russet potatoes chopped
- 1 11 oz bottle of yellow curry sauce I use Trader Joe's
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 lb shrimp tails off
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- nan bread optional
- In a medium-sized pot or stockpot, add 1 tbsp of avocado (or olive) oil. Heat over medium-high.
- Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes, then add garlic cloves for 1 minute.
- Add carrots and potatoes, saute for 3 minutes
- Add bell peppers, saute for 2 minutes
- Add mushrooms, saute for 3 minutes
- Add shrimp, saute for 2 minutes
- Stir in yellow curry sauce and coconut milk
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 25 minutes with the top on
- Serve over white rice with scallions and cilantro, if desired.
- Nan bread goes very well with this meal.
How to make Trader Joe's Curry
Personally, I like to saute everything in the pan including the vegetables, so all of the flavors come out. Then, adding in the sauce and coconut milk, bringing to a boil, and then letting it simmer. This is the best way to get all of the flavors from everything.
Another option is to steam the vegetables, which can be a quicker way. However, I feel like this way does not give all the flavors that you would want in a curry dish.
Curry and nan go together like peanut butter and jelly. I mean seriously… it is so good! I just cook the nan on a pan, add some olive oil, pink salt, garlic and it tastes AMAZING with the curry.