This spirulina smoothie recipe is something that I have been trying to make every morning. Between the fruit, greens, and spirulina, this smoothie is better than a cup of coffee.
When I started to add this to my morning routine, I noticed I was not making coffee in the morning, but in the afternoon.
What I use for my spirulina smoothie recipe:
Now, I am not saying spirulina has the best taste. Okay, honesty it is disgusting lol. But, adding fruit gives more of a sweeter taste and if you make it like this, it is refreshing and not so bad.
The powder I use in this spirulina smoothie recipe:
3 Benefits of Spirulina:
1. Extremely High in Many Nutrients
Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that grows in both salt and fresh water. It may be one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet.
- 20 calories
- 4 grams of protein
- 8 mg of calcium
- 2 mg of iron
- 14 mg of magnesium
- 95 mg of potassium
- Also contains thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and almost every nutrient that your body needs.
2. Good For Cholesterol
3. Natural Detox
Spirulina Smoothie Recipe
- 1 ripe banana I prefer frozen
- 1/2 cup strawberries/mango your choice of fruit
- 1 cup spinach/kale
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp spirulina powder
- Add greens
- Add fruit
- Add chia seeds and spirulina
- Add almond milk, and water if needed