This spinach and goat cheese hasselback chicken recipe is very easy and delicious. I really can not stand when my chicken is dry which is why I love this recipe because the cheese and spinach keep it very juicy.
Goat cheese is my favorite cheese at the moment because it has less lactose, sodium, and it is easier to digest than cow cheese. Goat cheese also contains 6 grams of protein per serving and has a creamy distinct flavor.
With this recipe, you are also getting in your greens in a yummy way! Spinach is a superfood that is full of nutrients, low calorie, rich in iron, good for bone health, and much more.
This is one of my favorite recipes and one of the easiest things I have made. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Spinach and Goat Cheese Hasselback Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 Cups of Spinach
- 1/4 Cup of Goat Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mozerella
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Pink Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large pan add a dash of olive oil, cook spinach over medium until it starts to wilt. Add goat cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Add red pepper flakes and set aside.
- Cut slits into the chicken about 3/4 of the way through the breast (make sure not all the way through).
- Stuff each slit with spinach/goat cheese mixture.
- Add a generous amount of mozzarella salt, pepper, paprika, and whatever seasonings you would like over the chicken. (I like to massage it in).
- Place chicken in the oven for about 25 minutes or until it reaches 165 F. If you want your cheese to more bubbly and brown put your oven on broil for the last few minutes.
Leave a Reply