This slow-cook Tuscan chicken is full of flavor and a simple dinner recipe that only takes a few steps to make! Tuscan chicken is full of fresh ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and garlic.
This meal is perfect for prepping because you have to throw everything into a crockpot and then let it cook for a few hours. I love making meals in the crockpot since you do not have to do much work or cleanup.
Ingredients for Slow Cook Tuscan Chicken
- Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves
- Heavy Cream
- Chicken Broth
- Parmesean Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
Watch How to Make Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken
How to Make Slow-Cook Tuscan Chicken
- In a pan over medium heat, saute the onions for 4-5 minutes or until they are translucent.
- Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in the heavy cream and chicken broth, and simmer for 10 minutes
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Place in crockpot.
- Whisk parmesan cheese into the cream sauce until smooth.
- Add all of the ingredients to the crockpot besides the spinach. Cook on high for 3-4 hours and on low for 6-8 hours. Add in spinach when there are only 30 minutes left and cook on high.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
In this recipe, I used chicken breast but chicken thighs would work as well and add some extra flavor since thighs have more fat. You could use half and half instead of heavy cream to cut down on some calories as well.
What to Serve with Slow Cook Tuscan Chicken
I like to serve Tuscan chicken over rice because it soaks up all of the delicious sauce! It would also I like to serve Tuscan chicken over rice because it soaks up the delicious sauce! It would also pair well with spaghetti or linguini. If you want to keep this meal low-carb, I suggest roasting vegetables like asparagus or green beans.
More Crockpot Dinners
Slow Cook Tuscan Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cups parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- fresh parsley garnish
- In a pan over medium heat, sautee onions for 4-5 minutes or until they are translucent. Add in minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the heavy cream and chicken broth slowly. Mix everything together and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Place into the crockpot and add in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Whisk the parmesan cheese into the cream mixture over low heat. Once the cheese is melted pour the mixture over the chicken. Try to get some on the bottom of the chicken and on top.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 6-8 hours. Once
- Once the chicken is cooked through take it out of the crockpot and add in the spinach. This is about 30 minutes before the crockpot is done. Stir in spinach for 30 minutes then add the chicken back in.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or zucchini noodles. Garnish with fresh parsley.