This shredded chicken chili is seriously so yummy and easy to make.
I love making this recipe because you literally cook the chicken in a crockpot, or however you would like, and then combine everything into a pot for about 20 minutes. I mean it really does not get much easier than that!
This recipe is so simple but has so much flavor that even my little brother likes it. If you have a younger sibling you understand how hard it is to get them to eat your food.
I have been trying to watch the carbs after the holidays and this recipe is definitely making it easier, plus there are leftovers for days. You can modify this recipe to however you like, let me know what you think!
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping because you can store in the fridge or the freezer. Plus, it is very low in carbs but filled with whole foods to keep you full. I love adding beans for the extra fiber and to keep me fuller for longer.
Everyone should try this recipe for the simple fact that it is SO SIMPLE! You literally are just throwing a few ingredients into a pot, bringing it to a boil, then it is ready to serve. Does it get much easier than that?
If you like this recipe you need to check out my turkey chili recipe! There is something about soups/chili that makes me feel good, and to know that I am using real, whole ingredients is a bonus.
Turkey Chili Recipe: https://alexisdlee.com/healthy-turkey-chili-recipe/
Shredded Chicken Chili
- 4 chicken breast shredded
- 15 oz black beans (any beans) optional
- 1 tbsp butter
- 10 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 4 cups chicken broth less if you want it more chunky
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 4 oz cream cheese
- salt & pepper
- Cook chicken breast in the crockpot on high for about 4-5 hours. You can cook the chicken however you like just make sure to shred it
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, and jalapeno.
- In a large stockpot, add butter and cook onions on medium until they are translucent color.
- Add chicken broth, shredded chicken, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and the jalapeno to the pot
- Bring to a boil, then drop it down to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Cut cream cheese into small blocks and increase the heat back to medium-high.
- Slowly add the cream cheese while stirring until it is all blended.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, and other garnishes as you please.
- Green Onions
- White Onions
- Greek Yogurt/Sour Cream
Leave a Reply