This quick and easy shrimp saganaki recipe is flavorful and only takes about 30 minutes to make!
Shrimp Saganaki is a popular dish in Greece that can be served with pita bread, orzo, or a Greek salad. If you are not a fan of shrimp you could use scallops or mussels instead or all 3 to make a seafood saganaki.
Watch How to Make Quick and Easy Shrimp Saganaki
This quick and easy shrimp saganaki is a classic greek dish that takes about 30 minutes to make.
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the onions and green pepper for 3-5 minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the shrimp and white wine. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the crumbled feta, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with fresh parsley.
Leave a Reply