All you need to make this lemon chicken and orzo dish is just one skillet that is oven safe. I love recipes like this because you do not end up with a bunch of dishes. This was my first time cooking any type of pasta in the oven so I was not sure how it was going to come out. But it was delicious and came out perfectly. This recipe is simple and full of flavor from the fresh herbs and lemon.
Lemon Chicken and Orzo
This lemon chicken and orzo skillet dish is a delicious dinner that only uses one pan.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup orzo
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl add 1 tbsp of olive oil, mustard, 2 garlic cloves, half of the onion, rosemary, thyme, and the seasonings.
- Add the chicken to the large bowl and mix everything until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the chicken to the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Set aside the chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in the same pan in which you cooked the chicken. Add the other half of the onion and saute for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the rest of the minced garlic, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the butter, orzo, and lemon slices, and mix everything.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and spinach. Bring to a boil, mix, than add the chicken back into the pot. Bake for 15 minutes and serve.
Leave a Reply