These delicious greek potatoes make the perfect side for any meal that you are having. I love having these with a greek dish like my Mediterranean cod bake because all of the flavors come together very well!
In this post, I am going to show you how to make greek potatoes in the oven and if you have an air fryer you can use it to get them crispy on the outside.
Don’t worry if you do not have an air fryer, you can just crank up your oven and let the potatoes bake for an extra 15-20 minutes.
Different Potatoes You Can Use
For this recipe, you can use almost any potatoes that you like. I like using baby red potatoes because they are smaller, making them easier to cut into bite-sized wedges.
If you are using russet potatoes cut them lengthwise and then into quarters.
How to Make Greek Potatoes
- Baby Red Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Dried Rosemary
- Fresh Dill
- Lemon Juice
- Salt/Pepper to liking
Step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Step 2: Wash and cut potatoes into wedges and put all of your ingredients into a large-sized bowl besides the dill and lemon juice. Mix everything together evenly.
Step 3: Place potatoes into a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Toss the potatoes, then flip them, and bake for another 15 minutes.
Step 4: Use an air fryer or crank the oven up to 500 degrees to make the potatoes crispy. If you are using the oven method bake them for another 15 minutes, flip, then bake for another 5 minutes.
If you are using the air fryer add a little bit of olive oil spray to the basket and add the potatoes in. Bake at 400 degrees for about 5-10 minutes.
How to Reheat Greek Potatoes
I suggest using an air fryer if you have leftovers that you want to warm up because it will keep them soft in the inside and crispy on the outside. You can also heat them up in the oven and they will still be delicious. Just try not to use the microwave because this will make them become soggy.
How to Make Greek Potatoes
- 2 lb baby red potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt/pepper to liking
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice potatoes into wedges. In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together except for the lemon juice and dill.
- Bake for 15 minutes, toss them, then flip the potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Turn up the oven to 500 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes. Flip potatoes and bake for another 5 minutes or until potatoes are crispy to your liking. I like to put mine in the air fryer for the last 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer or oven. Toss with fresh dill and lemon juice.