My son loves these baby-led weaning sweet potato fries. You only need 3 ingredients to make them plus you will love them as well. I will give him these for a healthy snack or as a side dish. I like serving sweet potato fries to my little one because it is easy for him to hold which helps him to eat more.
We started giving Elijah purees when he was 5 months old. One of the first purees we gave him was sweet potatoes which he absolutely loved. So once we started baby-led weaning I was excited to make these sweet potato fries for him.
Sweet potato fries are perfect when you start giving your little one food because they are able to hold it themselves which makes it easier for them to eat. My son will only eat if he is feeding himself so these are perfect for him. I like to serve them with protein and a carb or I will just give him a few for a snack.
Why I love Baby-Led Weaning Sweet Potatoes
- Easy for baby to pick up and eat
- Loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals
- Quick and easy to make
- Adults can enjoy them as well
- Can meal prep them
- Only 3 ingredients
Baby-Led Weaning Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cut off the ends of the sweet potatoes. Cut them in half, lengthwise, then cut them into 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick wedges. If they are too long you can cut them in half.
- Add sweet potatoes, olive oil, and garlic powder into a bowl and toss. Make sure the sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 12 minutes then flip and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
Leave a Reply