This spaghetti bolognese recipe is a traditional dinner that makes the perfect Sunday dinner. I like to use fresh vegetables like carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to take the sauce to the next level. You can make this recipe in less than an hour but I like to let the sauce simmer for at least one hour in order to let all the flavors to come together. Traditional spaghetti bolognese is a recipe that everyone will love!
Watch How to Make Traditional Spaghetti Bolognese
What I Used to Make Traditional Spaghetti Bolognese:
Traditional Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
This traditional spaghetti bolognese recipe is an authentic recipe that is perfect for a Sunday dinner with friends and family!
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 small celery stalk chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- sprig thyme
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt pepper
- Sauté onions, celery, and carrots for 5 minuets. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink. Add red wine and simmer for 8-9 minutes.
- Add milk and simmer until it evaporates (6-7 minutes).
- Stir in tomato paste, italian seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper. Add thyme and bay leaves. Simmer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cook pasta and keep 1 1/2 cup of the pasta water if needed.
- Toss in pasta and add in the pasta water. Top with fresh parmesan and basil.
More Dinner Recipes
Ground Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
Leave a Reply