If you like pesto and pasta then you need to try this one-pot pesto chicken pasta! it is a delicious recipe that is very easy to make for a quick dinner. I love using chicken in this recipe but it would also taste amazing with shrimp.
I love making my own pesto sauce for this recipe because, my opinion is that, fresh ingredients make all the difference. However, if you do not have the time or the ingredients you can just use a jar of pesto from your local grocery store.
You can make this one-pot pesto chicken pasta in less than 30 minutes if you are in a pinch for time but still want a delicious dinner that is homemade. I love making one-pot pasta because you can just throw everything into one pan which means you have fewer dishes. This dinner idea is great for when you are in a rush or after a long day at work.
Other Options for One-Pot Chicken Pasta
- I like to add some kind of protein whenever I make pasta dishes to help keep me full for longer. But if you are looking for a vegetarian option you can skip out on the chicken and just make pesto pasta with the creamy sauce.
- Other protein options that would be delicious would be shrimp or even sausage!
- Just like adding a protein, you do not need to add the spinach and tomatoes but the extra veggies you can add the better! Plus, in a yummy creamy sauce, you can barely taste them. I do recommend adding tomatoes because they add a little more flavor to the dish. Broccoli would also be a good option if you are not a fan of spinach.
One-Pot Pesto Chicken Pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup romano cheese or parmesan
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups spinach
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat skillet over medium heat, add chicken cook until brown. Add onion, tomatoes oregano, salt, pepper, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk, cream cheese, pesto, red pepper flakes, and mix everything together.
- Add pasta, romano cheese, and spinach. Cook on low until spinach cooks down.
- To serve, sprinkle romano cheese, basil, and fresh cracked pepper.
More One-Pot Dinners
One-Pot Creamy Vegetable Pasta
Leave a Reply