Marry Me Chicken is one of those meals you want to have on your weekly rotation! It is flavorful from the creamy sauce and so easy to make. You only need one pan for this weeknight dinner which is my favorite because that means fewer dishes. I love making this recipe for my family because you can hide the veggies since they blend perfectly into the sauce.
If you are not in the mood for chicken you can always use salmon, shrimp, or even sausage instead. I have made this recipe with shrimp before and it was just as good! When it comes to sides I love pairing this marry me chicken with rice or pasta. You could serve it just as it is if you are looking for a low-carb meal. But the rice soaks up all of the extra sauce and is simply amazing!
Watch How to Make Marry Me Chicken
Marry Me Chicken
- 3 chicken breast sliced in half like cutlets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt/pepper to liking
- 1 shallot
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil garnish
- Cut the chicken breast in half so it is thin like a cutlet this is optional. Season chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the chicken and cook on each for about 5-6 minutes until the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Set chicken aside.
- In the same pan add the shallot and saute for 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic, tomatoes, butter, and flour for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the heavy cream, seasoning, and spinach. Simmer for 5 minutes. Once the spinach is wilted add the parmesan cheese and mix it into the sauce.
- Serve and garnish with fresh basil.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Hi, my name is Alexis! I am a mother who loves to cook and try out new recipes. I hope my website can help you in the kitchen and show that cooking can be fun and easy!