This low carb chicken chilli is seriously so yummy and has very little carbs, thank you cream cheese! Of course, cream cheese is not exactly healthy… but only about 3 carbs for this serving. I love making this recipe because you literally cook the chicken in a crockpot, or however you would like, and then combine everything into a pot for about 20 minutes. I mean it really does not get much easier than that! This recipe is so simple but has so much flavour that even my little brother likes it. If you have a younger sibling you understand how hard it is to get them to eat your food. I have been trying to watch the carbs after the holidays and this recipe is definitely making it easier, plus there are leftovers for days. You can modify this recipe to however you like, let me know what you think!
4 Chicken breast (Shredded)
1 Tbsp of butter
2 Romana tomatoes or 10 oz of diced tomatoes
2 oz of tomato paste
1/2 of an onion (chopped)
4 cups of chicken broth (more if you want it more liquidy)
1 Jalapeno (chopped)
1 Tbsp of chilli powder
1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
4 oz cream cheese
2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of cayenne
Salt and Pepper
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Chilli:
- Cook chicken breast in the crockpot on high for about 4-5 hours. You can cook the chicken however you like just make sure to shred it.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, and jalapeno.
- In a large stockpot, add butter and cook onions on medium until they are translucent color.
- Add chicken broth, shredded chicken, tomatoes, tomato paste, chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder, and the jalapeno to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then drop it down to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Cut cream cheese into small blocks and increase the heat back to medium-high.
- Slowly add the cream cheese while stirring until it is all blended.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper, and other garnishes as you please.