Lemon garlic linguine and clams have been on of my favorite pasta dishes to make lately. Typically you would have a clam dish in the summer but I tried this recipe in September and have been obsessed with it since! White wine sauces with tons of garlic will always be my go-to when it comes to pasta and seafood.
Watch How to Make Lemon Garlic Linguine and Clams
Lemon Garlic Linguine and Clams
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 lb clams
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt/pepper to liking
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pasta water from linguine
- 4 tbsp butter
- Cook linguine according to the instructions and save a 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil, then add and saute the shallots for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the white wine, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, pepper, clams, and parsley. Squeeze in lemon juice from the lemon then toss in the whole lemon.
- Bring to a boil, cover the pot, then simmer until the clams are opened. This takes about 7-8 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the leftover pasta water, linguine, and butter. Toss everything together then serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and lemon wedges.