Fun-sized homemade snickers that are healthy, vegan, and can be made in less than 10 minutes? Count me in!
I think we all love a nice candy bar but hate that they are processed and full of sugar.
These are a perfect alternative to your favorite candy bar, without the guilt.
My favorite part about this recipe is that you only need 4 ingredients that are clean and actually good for you.
You can have these as a snack or dessert, which I love because I am someone who loves to have something sweet at night.
My family loves when I make these homemade snickers and they last about a day in my house.
- Peanut Butter
- Dark Chocolate
- Cashews (your choice of nuts)
- Slice dates and remove pit.
- Chop cashews.
- Add peanut butter or any nut butter into the dates.
- Add nuts on top over the nut butter.
- Melt dark chocolate.
- Dip each date in chocolate and make sure it is completely covered.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter on the top.
- Put on parchment paper or cooling rack.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30-40 minutes.
A Few Tips for Making Homemade Snickers
- You can enjoy their bars at room temperature or store them in the fridge. I keep them in the fridge because they last longer and I think it tastes better.
- I used cashews in this recipe but you can use peanuts or whatever your favorite nut is.
- After you dip your bar in chocolate you can place on parchment paper or on a cooling rack.
If you have cravings for chocolate and sweet stuff give this recipe a try.
I mean it only takes 10 minutes so why not? Leave me a comment on how you like it and what kind of nuts you used.