This healthy turkey chili recipe is AMAZING and so easy to make! It takes me about 40 minutes to make including the prep and chopping everything up. I have been making this recipe almost every week because I am that obsessed with it. It is very low carb and high in fiber which I love! I have been trying to watch how much red meat I have so this recipe is a go to. Plus, chili is just a dish that is really comforting to me! I have a video on my youtube channel to show you everything because I think it is easier to watch but also have the exact measurements. Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think!
Ingredients For Turkey Chili
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1.2 pounds of ground turkey
- 4 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt/pink salt
- 1 (28-ounce) can of diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans of red kidney beans or black beans
- Place oil in a large pot or pan over medium/high. Add in onion, garlic, peppers, and jalapeno to sautee.
- Once the onions are translucent (about 5 min) add in the ground turkey and break up the meat until it is no longer pink.
- Add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt, then stir.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, and beans.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for at least 20-30 minutes. You can do less time but this will give it more flavor. You can add in more seasoning to your liking.
- Garnish! I like to add green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, source cream/greek yogurt, and cheese!