This healthy turkey chili recipe is AMAZING and so easy to make! It takes me about 40 minutes to make including the prep and chopping everything up. I have been making this recipe almost every week because I am that obsessed with it. It is very low carb and high in fiber which I love!
I have been trying to watch how much red meat I have so this recipe is a go to. Plus, chili is just a dish that is really comforting to me. If you are not a fan of spice I would recommend to not add the jalapeno or cayenne! I personally love spicy foods!
There is a video on my youtube channel to show you everything because I think it is easier to watch but also have the exact measurements. Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think!
Soups are my favorite to make because they are so simple but comforting. The best thing about soup? It always tastes better the next day!
Toppings for Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe:
- Sour Cream/Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions
Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1.2 lb ground turkey
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt/pink salt
- 28 oz diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz red kidney beans
- 15 oz black beans
- Place oil in a large pot or pan over medium/high. Add in onion, garlic, peppers, and jalapeno to cook.
- Once the onions are translucent (about 5 min) add in the ground turkey and break up the meat until it is no longer pink.
- Add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt, then stir.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, and beans.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for at least 20-30 minutes. You can do less time but this will give it more flavor. You can add in more seasoning to your liking
- Garnish! I like to add green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, source cream/greek yogurt, and cheese!