This crockpot Mexican chicken is one of my favorite things to make when I am busy or do not feel like cooking for the day. You can meal prep this chicken for the week or even freeze some of it to have it in the future. There are so many different things you can do to use this crockpot chicken which is why it is a perfect meal prep recipe. I love using it for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, salads, and wraps.
Watch How to Make Crockpot Mexican Chicken
Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt/pepper to liking
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl mix together all of the seasonings. Add chicken to the crockpot and season both sides of the chicken with the mixture.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and chicken broth to the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred chicken once it is completely cooked through 165 degrees and serve.