I have been obsessed with the crockpot lately, especially now that we going into the colder months! The crockpot makes everything so much easier when it comes to dinner because you can throw all of your ingredients into it and let everything cook for a few hours or all day. These crockpot barbacoa tacos have been on of my favorite recipes to make in the crockpot. Seriously, I made them twice last week because I love them so much.
The best part about this recipe it that you always have leftovers. One night I made these tacos for my family and another night I made it for a UCF fight with some blueberry margaritas. This crockpot barbacoa taco recipe reminds of birria tacos since you have some extra broth afterwards. I personally love to double the sauce recipe so there is even more broth which I drizzle on top of the tacos. Or I will dip the tortillas in the broth and than heat them up in a pan which is basically a birria taco. If you are taco lover like me than you MUST try this recipe!
Watch How to Make Crockpot Barbacoa Tacos
What Toppings You Need for Crockpot Barbacoa Tacos
These toppings are all optional and not needed if you do not want them. I personally just like to add onions, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice since the meat has so much flavor.
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Sour Cream/Crema
More Easy Dinners
Crockpot Barbacoa Tacos
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3-4 chipotle pepers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix all of the seasonings together than pat it onto the meat. Place meat into the crockpot and add any of the excess seasoning on top.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve on corn or flour tortillas and add your favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply