Coconut chicken curry is the perfect meal for lunch or dinner when you want to make something quick but still full of flavor.
My family is not ordering any takeout during this quarantine and honestly, I miss some of my favorite restaurants. So, I have been learning to make the dishes that I have been craving! There are going to be a lot of new recipes up soon and I hope you take some time to try them out.
I am not sure why but I always thought curry was a lot more complicated to make than it actually is. Probably because it’s full of so much flavor. If you are not a fan of spicy don’t worry this recipe does not have too much heat but it can always be added. I LOVE spicy food.
Not everyone adds red bell pepper to it but I personally love it and the added veggies.
I have a post on Trader Joe’s Curry that is premade using shrimp. I love Trader Joe’s but honestly, I like this coconut curry chicken better. Obviously making the sauce yourself is going to give it more of a fresher taste.
In my opinion, the best way to serve curry is over white or brown rice. I love it when the sauce mixes with the rice and it’s just delicious. I also like to make a side of pita bread to go with it.
Coconut Curry Chicken
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil and parsley for garnish
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size pieces. Make sure to wash and clean the chicken before handling it
- Add coconut oil to a medium/large pan and put stove on medium/high
- Add onions to pan and sautee for about 5 minutes
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes until every piece is cooked all the way
- Add minced garlic, ginger, coriander and sit for 1 minute
- Shake coconut milk and add the whole can
- Stir in salt, pepper, and curry powder
- Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer
- Add lime and brown sugar, stir everything together
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Garnish with basil and parsley
- Serve over white rice
Variations of Coconut Curry
- Coconut Curry with Vegetables
- Coconut Curry with Potatoes
- Coconut Curry with Fish
- Coconut Curry Seafood
Basically, you can use anything you want if you do not want to have chicken. I love shrimp curry the best!
There are so many different meals that I want to try making from home this quarantine and I am excited to share them with you. What kind of recipes would you like to see?