I try to eat pretty healthy but this cajun chicken and sausage alfredo is an exception! This recipe is definitely not healthy or low in calories. However, like I always say, everything is about balance. This is a crockpot dinner but there are a few additional steps that include searing the chicken and sausage first. But, I promise it is worth it!
Watch How to Make Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo
Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo
This cajun chicken and sausage alfredo is a delicious and comforting recipe that is full of flavor.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 lb smoked sausage sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt/pepper to liking
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsbp fresh parsley garnish
- Pat dry the chicken breast and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot sear the chicken on each side for about 3-5 minutes, remove it from the pan, and place it into the crockpot.
- Add the rest of the olive oil (1 tbsp) to the same pan you cooked the chicken in and sear the sausage until brown. Remove from the pan and place into the crockpot with the chicken.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic, cajun seasoning, pepper, and salt to the crockpot. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked through remove it from the crockpot and slice it.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water. Add into the crockpot and mix everything together.
- Add in the pasta (uncooked) and cook on high for 30 minutes, until the pasta is done.
- Once the pasta is done add the chicken back into the crockpot with the parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply