I have been loving these Breakfast Egg Muffins, in the morning before I head out the door to workout or class. I am someone who CANNOT work out in the morning on an empty stomach (unless it is really early). To put it short I basically need to have something in the morning in order to function. Unless it is my fiber filled coffee, but that is for another post ;). If you want to make it healthier you can use egg whites instead of the whole egg. Anyways these breakfast egg muffins are seriously one of the easiest recipes that I ever made, and it only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook.
You can incorporate many different vegetables so it is perfect for kids or people who are not a fan of vegetables. They are also filled with protein which is going to help keep you full, plus low carb. However, if you are having this for a meal you may want to warm up two. I personally just have one 30 minutes before I workout. You can make them the night before or on a Sunday to have during the week. All you have to do is pop them in the microwave for 30 sec to 1 minute. Easy, quick, healthy!
What You Can Add:
- Peppers/Bell Peppers
- Green Onion
- Choice of Cheese
Instructions for Breakfast Egg Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Chop all of your ingredients and vegetables.
- In a large bowl mix the amount off egg muffins you want to make ( I used 6 eggs), with everything you want to add. Add salt and pepper as well.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and pour the eggs in evenly.
- I like to add a little bit of shredded cheese on top or you can mix it in.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until set.